Demo Show Stopper - Save File Dialog

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Apr 26 09:33:30 EDT 2004

>Hi Dave,
>
>First of all : these "Save" dialog boxes will only
>happen in the IDE ; so either demo a stand-alone app
>or suspend the developmetn environment during the
>demo.

Ok, but I'm having (different) problems with Standalone and just
wanted this to work 100% (or as close as possible!) in one
environment. The thing is, the demo is more showing how the App works
but also in the Development Environment. I suppose I can fudge it for
tomorrow.

>If for some bizarre reason you have to demo inside the
>IDE and people wouldn't accept seeing this basic
>question, you'll have to change the global
>'gREVStackStatus[tShortName]' where tShortName is the
>short name of your stack, so that it no longer equals
>"edited".
>But I would advise against it, as tinkering the IDE
>data is not a good idea.

I don't think it's a good idea either, the real question is, what
causes the dialog to appear? Just from looking at this, I would say
that there is a "flag" that has got "stuck", e.g. is not be cleared
properly when the stack is saved.

What does "gREVStackStatus" actually contain? I can't find any
information on this. What are the issues in changing it? I just don't
want to leap in and change an internal without knowing a little bit
more about it.

I just looked at "gREVStackStatus" from the Message Box and it's
blank, is this to be expected?

I can send the Stacks if you that would be of help to anyone.

All the Best
Dave