Replacement vs. insertion of lines in a field

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Apr 26 05:37:17 EDT 2004

>Restating my question:  Why is it that when I press the button a
>second or third time (see below), line 1 is overwritten as expected
>but all other lines are "moved down" in the field (the new material
>being treated as an insertion rather than a replacement)?
>
>I'm using Rev 2.2 on Mac OS X (10.3.3).
>
>Chamundi

The problem is with your put statements

put "This is line 1 " & time() & CR into line 1 of field "checkCR"

if you put into line 1 then you should not have '& cr' as this causes
an insert of a new empty line after line 1, effectively pushing your
former line 2 to become 3. The same happens for each put, so the
effect is cascading.

RObert Brenstein