Runrev cgi and Webhosting providers

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Apr 25 12:48:22 EDT 2004

On 4/25/04 10:42 AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> I tried running the mc cgi on my server last night but the required X
> libraries were missing.  I tried downloading some compiled versions of
> the .so libraries but they did not work (possibly compiled on a
> different architecture then the pair server is running).  Pair support
> said they don't support things that link to X or X libraries so I would
> have to compile them myself I guess.  Does anyone know why the engine
> links to these libraries?  What does it do exactly?  My only experience
> with X is for graphical interface.

I don't know if things have changed, but it used to be that the engine
only checked for the existence of these files but doesn't actually use
them. You used to be able to place empty files with the right name on
the server, and it would work. You might try creating these blank dummy
files and see if that fixes it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com