Runrev cgi and Webhosting providers

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Sun Apr 25 01:25:01 EDT 2004

Trevor,

>Yes.  I run a custom PHP CGI on my account that I compiled and
>installed myself.  I can try installing the rev cgi later tonight and
>let you know how it goes if you would like.

Well, PHP is almost never a problem, since it is very often
included in the standard server configuration.
(BTW, by "custom PHP CGI" do you mean your own custom
engine ?)

However, I'm really curious to know whether they'll allow
you to install more "exotic" engines, such as Rev, Python, etc.
And also curious to know what happens if your custom cgi
crashes the server and all the other websites hosted on it...

JB

My website is also with pair.com and as I understand it, yes you can. But you
rent your own dedicated box to do it, presumably to avoid any potential
damage to others on a shared box.

/H