More-Save Stack Woes - Could someone PLEASE explain this...

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Apr 24 09:02:49 EDT 2004

!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't know how I missed this command! I was actually trying to
see how the IDE did it when you use the "Close and Remove from
Memory" command - your email came thru just at the right time!

I just knew there was a "RunRev" oriented way of doing this! Now I
have this in place, I can exploit the real Power Behind RunRev, I get
more or less for free the ability to treat my data, GUI controls and
code as one "unit". To a C/C++ programmer this is REAL POWER! Don't
get me wrong you can do this in C/C++ BUT the amount of overhead in
code and learning curve is huge! With RR it's already there! For
Free! And it's Cross-Platform!!!!!

The "revert" command is the piece of the puzzle I was missing. In
fact I should probably NOT do the

"save this stack" operation on the OK button? Since it will be saved
when the main stack is saved, correct? The problem was I think, is
that I was using positive logic, e.g. something gets saved if and
only if you specifically save it (which is a "C" way of thinking) but
actually the way that RunRev works is using (in my terms only, not a
critisism, but rather a (good) feature), negative logic, e.g. it will
be saved anyway, it's up to you to specially STOP it being saved!
e.g. I was using the lack of a save command in the cancel handler to
stop the data being updated, but of course it already had been
updated and I needed to restore it! on cancel! Not, not save it!

On question though, if I place the revert command in a function that
is located inside the main stack, will the revert command work on the
main stack or the sub stack? I am going to try it anyway, but I'd
like to know what is *supposed* to happen.

Thanks again!

All the Best
Dave