doing trial periods

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Fri Apr 23 17:19:42 EDT 2004

You could make an automated script that replaces the date in your
standalone every day. Just look out, its binary data you're meddling
with. Also when someone registers, you could just send him a fully
functional version of your program, or you could make an if statement (
you know what "if" does, don't you?):

If the entered code is "a3be4dse5" then
   show stack "Registered user"
else if the expiredate of this stack <= the date then
   show stack "Trail version"
else
   answer "please register your app at http://yoururlhere.com"
end if