How do I Create a Custom Property, part 19,214,651

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Apr 22 18:18:52 EDT 2004

On Thursday, April 22, 2004, at 11:51 AM, Ken Ray wrote:

>   put the number of items of "Ken,Tom,Dar,"
>
> --> 3

Right you are.

I'd add that, though this can be confusing, it does have a benefit.

A delimiter at the end allows an empty list of items to be distinct
from a list of one item that is empty.  That is, it allows empty items
and an empty list to be represented.

If items are never empty, then the between-style will work.

If they can be, then the after-style might be better.

Revolution counts items (and lines) in a way that works for both
situations.

Even so, a comma at the end does look silly.

Dar Scott