Rev now tied with RB at 78 ticks

Chris Yavelow Chris at yav.com
Wed Apr 21 22:07:45 EDT 2004

Richard Gaskin wrote
>the obvious choices for that task, C
>or Assembler, remain ommitted from the evaluation.

I don't see C or Assembler as the "obvious choice" -- Although I have
taken courses in both, I don't know enough about either to make the
development time-effective. Can C really open a 120,000-word file and
another file, and then compare them for matches, and then display the
results in significantly less than 78 ticks?

[snip]
>But as of this morning this doesn't matter:  Thanks to Brian Yennie's
>post, Rev either retook the lead or is so close the differences are
>negligible (depends how the testing will turn out on Yav's machine).
>
>Here's the post in case you missed it:
>On guard! Another Rev entry!

Yes, Brian Yennie's contribution evened out the playing field. RB and
Rev are now both at 78 ticks. Bravo!
Chris
http://www.yav.com/speed.html