trouble with groups

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Apr 21 17:54:37 EDT 2004

>Nothing like diversity.
>
>I will think about your recommendation as well as Klaus's. I can see that
>managing multiple groups can be cumbersome - I think that's how I completely
>lost a set of buttons. On the other hand, moving buttons around in a group
>doesn't seem too simple either (Recall that I want to avoid inactive buttons
>and "holes" in the button bar.) Your ideas about using "covers" and
>duplicate, overlaid buttons are intriguing though.
>
>Thanks to both of you!
>
>-Paul

If you use a row of buttons to switch between different cards, you
may want to consider using a single tabbed button instead of a group
of individual buttons. This gives a stronger feedback to users as to
which card they are on and how to switch to another one. Furthermore,
the control of tabs is as simple as setting the button's content when
user logs in. No maintenance whatsoever. No inactive buttons and no
holes. And if you make the button into a background, then you have
only a single button on all cards with a simple, single menupick
handler that can automatically handle all possible options. A simple
and very effective solution if you can use it.

Robert Brenstein