But what's the question? (was: RB clear winner in speed test)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Apr 21 13:21:21 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, April 21, 2004, at 08:40 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:

> There's no reason that offset(), "is in", and "contains" shouldn't all
> be
>
>    1) the same speed, and

I agree for 'is in' and 'contains'.  (I think 'contains' does an extra
copy.)

However, offset() provides position info.  I can't think of a fast
method that is great for 'is in' that cannot also provide position info
quickly, but that does not mean someone else can't.

> p.s. And split() could be sped up at the same time...

Yeah.  For me, the ability to pass arrays with send and the feature of
nested arrays will allow me to avoid split.   When and if they come.

Dar Scott