How do I Create a Custom Property

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Apr 21 11:57:00 EDT 2004

On Apr 21, 2004, at 8:57 AM, David Burgun wrote:

>> I realize this is partly about documentation and I haven't read
>> through the whole thread, but I think a simple way around all of this
>> is to use the following code:
>>
>> put "my New Line" into line (number of lines of myList + 1) of myList
>>
>> This has worked well for me.
>
> I don't think it will work in the case of the Custom Properties
> though, since it returns a list like so:

Sure it does.

Try this.

Set the myCustomProp of this stack to ""
put the myCustomProp of this stack into tTemp
put "This is line 1" into line (number of lines of tTemp + 1) of tTemp
set  the myCustomProp of this stack to tTemp

OR

Set the myCustomProp of this stack to "line 1"&cr&"line2"&cr&"line3"
put the myCustomProp of this stack into tTemp
put "This is line  4" into line (number of lines of tTemp + 1) of tTemp
set  the myCustomProp of this stack to tTemp

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com