Maximum size of POST data

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Apr 21 10:42:55 EDT 2004

Hi Richard,

In addition to Dave's reply, i don't know what is the practical limit
in sending urlencoded form contains to a remote server via the "POST"
method : i never reached a limit witch could limit my needs... In about
getting server's replies from "POST" requests (PostgreSQL queries),
with the configs i'm handling, the practical limit is at 16 Mo each
query.

In both cases (sending and getting datas trough POSTs), the technical
limit is feeting all my practical needs and i would never design apps
sets to reach them...

The most important advantage we can get in using POSTs instead of GETs
has to do with the security of the first kind of transaction, just
because the POST method let us handle closed availables and autorised
procs lists on the server-side apps. Because any request (POST and GET)
that don't feet those closed list are just unable to interact with the
servers apps, the POST method is the best one we can use to set up
rock-solid proxying applications servers in front of our internet
connected boxes...

Best Regards, Pierre

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores+ at +easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"