How do I Create a Custom Property

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Apr 21 08:34:52 EDT 2004

Hi David,

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for this! I can't find any helpful information on this anywhere
> in the docs!
>
> Ok, I have two places where I need to do something like this:
>
> 1.  I need to create a Custom Property and it to false regardless of
> whether it exists or not.
>
> 2.  I need to create a Custom Property and set it to ValueX ONLY if it
> doesn't already exist, if it does exist then I want it to be left
> untouched.
>
> So for number 1, I just need to set the Custom Property, but for
> number 2, how can I tell if the Custom Property exists?

All this IS in fact in my script!
At least the necessary logic could be extracted from it... ;-)

on mouseUp
   put the customKeys of this stack into myCustomKeys
      if "CustomTest1" is not in myCustomKeys then
     set the CustomTest1 of this stack to false

     exit mouseup
     ## condition nr 2

   end if
   set the "CustomTest1" of this stack to false
end mouseUp

Hope that helps...

> Also, what is the intended use of the "customKeys" and what does it
> actually save in "myCustomKeys" after executing this line:
>   put the customKeys of this stack into myCustomKeys
> Specifically, does it return a list/array or a string or what? How Can
> I appended to it and then set is back again using the following line:
>    set the customKeys of this stack to myCustomKeys

See last amail of Bjoernke...

> Thanks for your help
> Dave

Regards