this group, versus this background (Jim Hurley)

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Apr 20 04:15:41 EDT 2004

>------------------------------
>
>Message: 3
>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:59:32 +0200
>From: Jo?l Guillod <joel.guillod at net2000.ch>
>Subject: RE: this group, versus this background (Jim Hurley)
>

>Ken,
>
>(snip)
>Another solution I implemented recently is to have a "group factory" handler
>which is responsible to clone the group and to rename the new group by
>suffixing it with an index number.
>
>Joel Guillod

I too have found this strategy useful. I have discovered that I can
apply any number of bezier curves to a card by cloning the original
bezier group (consisting of the bezier line and its control elements)
which resides on the plug-in palette, and appending a character the
end of the group name.

The distinct group name is vital with multiple bezier lines. As the
control points are moved, the beizer line belonging to that control
point must be reconstructed. Thus the graphic points are set by
something like:

     set the points of graphic "graphicBezier" of group "groupA" to thePointList

Ken's suggestion of using the "owner of me" is the perfect tool. In
this way the control points speak to their own graphic line by
addressing only that line which belongs to "the owner of me"  It
becomes a kind of genetic marker to differentiate self from all the
other bezier groups.

Jim