Disappearing (Euro) Dollars [rant]

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Tue Apr 20 14:52:07 EDT 2004

To be fair, the Euro didn't exist for many years after single-byte
character sets were devised- they can't exactly go back and revise
them... but I can't argue that everything unicode is always logical
either =).

There may be single-byte fonts that display the Euro somewhere in
upper-ASCII, but they won't be standard...