REV, RB, SC speed test, Latest results

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Apr 20 11:17:20 EDT 2004

> 1)  Can any of you consider this to be a fair comparison? You, the
> 'you' being probably the best RR programmers on the planet,
> have had a
> couple of weeks to optimise RR's algorithm. Has the sense of
> justice in
> anyone pushed them to pass the challenge to the RB list?

Yes, in fact I mentioned that on the list a few days ago, and Chris is going
to be doing it. He's the one that originally posted the challenge, so it is
only proper that he be the one to reissue it to the RB list. Oh, and when he
first put it on the RB list, no one responded, FYI...

> 2) One of the suggested strengths of Revolution is the simplicity of
> getting things done. Why should such a common task take such a lot of
> optimisation to produce the best results? Are not the 'out of
> the box'
> solutions i.e. those that will be produced by the average user, a
> fairer comparison?

Normally, yes, but Chris asked for the *fastest* way to get this
accomplished, not the "out of the box" solution.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/