ask file with filter

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 04:44:04 EDT 2004

sez kray at sonsothunder.com:
>Derek,
>
>> I'm really not having a problem with handling Windows 8.3
>> filenames.  I just figured that if Rev gave the user the
>> ability to put a filter into the ask file command, that you
>> would be able to find out what filter the user ended up
>> choosing.  This way I don't have to make seperate menu items
>> for saving with different file types.
>>
>> Hopefully in a future version I guess.
>
>To make sure this is on their radar, you should enter a "bug" in Bugzilla
>with a severity of "enhancement" so they know it's something that you'd
>like to see added to Rev. If it's not added to Bugzilla, it's likely it's not
>going to get done.
   It may be worth noting that on the Mac, you can get a file-type-filtering
"file selector dialog box" -- you just use AppleScript to boss the Finder
around. Perhaps VBA might be able to do the same trick on Windows? All of which
said, I'll agree with anyone who thinks it's be a good idea if that
functionality was built into the engine, so's *everybody* can join in the fun w/out having
to hassle with non-Transcript languages...