REV, RB, SC speed test, Latest results

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Tue Apr 20 03:20:03 EDT 2004

Chris,

Good stuff!
Only one question for you: for your app, do you distribute the target
texts, or are they supplied by the user, and are they reused?

What I'm getting at- the one last optimization tweak you could make
would be to "combine" the generated array and write it out as an index
for the text. Then the next time running the application, you could
just load the index instead of re-generating it.

Of course, it looks like it's pretty speedy as-is, although you have a
pretty hefty machine running it =).

- Brian