FSCommand support in EnhancedQT external

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Apr 19 18:25:14 EDT 2004

On Monday, April 19, 2004, at 10:10 PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> From: Trevor DeVore <trevor at mangomultimedia.com>
> Date: Mon Apr 19, 2004  4:18:01 PM Australia/Melbourne
> To: Revolution List <use-revolution at runrev.com>
> Subject: FSCommand support in EnhancedQT external
>

> Due to the overwhelming response for FSCommand support for swf files
> playing in a player object (Ken and Terry ;-) ) I have implemented
> this in a development version of my EnhancedQT external.  It turns out
> it only took about 4 lines of code.
>
> You can now load any .swf (version 5 or lower) file into a player
> object and any FSCommands will send a FSCommand pCommand, pArguments
> message to the player when it is triggered.

Trevor, this sounds very promising – I appreciate your efforts.

> If anybody wants to play around with it let me know off list and I can
> send you a copy.  I only have a OS X version compiled right now but I
> can do a Windows or OS 9 compile tomorrow.

I'm bogged down with other projects at the moment so I can hold off
until you've got something ready for more general release but your news
provides valuable ammunition for me as I head off to a meeting with our
development manager (seeking to include Revolution in our schedule of
'approved' development tools).

Cheers,

Terry...

> --
> Trevor DeVore
> Blue Mango Multimedia
> trevor at mangomultimedia.com

Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Facutly of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne