In search of an Indexing Utility

Jo=?ISO-8859-1?B?6w==?=l Guillod joel.guillod at net2000.ch
Mon Apr 19 12:50:32 EDT 2004

I remember of the ancient time I used "Free Text Browser" from Mark
Zimmermann. This was a small Hypercard utility to index free text. I still
have the source code in C of version 0.51 of this TEX XCMD...

Today I am looking for a utility to build index of text documents. The basic
goal is to give a key (e.g. a filename or document ID) and a list of words
(e.g. text content) and the utility update an index. Then, you specify a
search (e.g. keywords) and the utility returns a list of matching keys (e.g.
the filenames). This utility should be able to share index files in a
multiusers environment.

I heard about Lucène in Java for such a functionality (and much more) but I
need something simple but fast and multiusers for Revolution. I need this
without having to install a DBMS like MySQL.

Has someone some ideas where to find this indexing utility?

Or,

Has someone the C capability to build such externals for Revolution?

Or,

Has someone build externals with SQLite?

Thanks for any references or pointers!

Joel Guillod