Windows Distribution Icon

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 19 09:17:50 EDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:03:18 -0600, "Scott Slaugh" <xslaugh at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am trying to build a Windows distribution.  In order for it to correctly
>add my icon, I need to have an icon file containing icons in 9 different
>formats.  Does anyone out there know how I would go about making that icon
>file?

As has already been pointed out, more or less any icon editor will do this:
for Windows, an adequate editor IMO is the shareware IconCool Editor (find
it via Tucows). If you're on a Mac, Iconographer will generate correct
Windows icons. Do watch the format that RR calls for however, as just one
slip can bring disaster (for example the wrong color depth in just one of
the images). RR is AFAIKS much more fussy than Windows itself about this stuff.

HTH

Graham