Menu Bar in MacOS

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Apr 19 09:00:05 EDT 2004

>  >Hi,
>>
>>I am trying to figure out the best way of handling the Menu Bar in MacOS.
>>

>>Basically what I am asking is how do I share the menu bar with all
>>the other stacks (windows) in the App like a regular MacOS
>>application?
>>
>>Thanks in Advance for any Advice
>>Cheers
>>Dave
>
>Hello Dave,
>
>Have a look at the defaultmenubar property in the docs.
>
>I think that should do what you want

I just tried doing that, I put the following line in the preOpenStack
handler of the (dummy) main stack script:

set the defaultMenubar to "MainMenuBar"

which caused ALL kinds of problems in the IDE while trying to debug,
ended up having to edit the Script via the message box, force quit RR
and then restart machine!

Is this supposed to happen? I am using RunRev 2.2 on MacOS X and Classic.

More Info:

I used to have a Menu Bar that was located in a Sub-Stack. I deleted
the Group from that stack and added a new one to the (dummy) main
stack. However when I look via the message box, the menubar property
is still set to the old Menubar Group, and as far as I can tell, the
old script is still there and being used! However, I cannot see the
object in the Application Browser! How can I:

1.  Remove it!

2.  Stop this from happening again!

Thanks a lot
Dave