Patch for "Revert to saved..." problem

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 04:27:00 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Just spent some time tracking down the problem with
the "Revert to saved..." item in the "File" menu.

For the adventurous type of people, here's the patch :

0. Make a backup copy of the stack "revmenubar.rev",
which you'll find in your Revolution directory at
  /components/tools/revmenubar.rev

1. type the following into the message box, then press
return :

  edit the script of group "revMenubar" of stack
"revMenubar"

2. near the end of the 'mouseDown' handler, you'll see
the following piece of script :

  if the short name of the topStack is not the
mainStack of the topStack
  then put "Move S&ubstack to File..." into line -10
of tFile
  else put "(Move S&ubstack to File..." into line -10
of tFile

3. save a copy and comment it out, then make the
following change :

  if the short name of the topStack is not the
mainStack of the topStack
  then put "Move S&ubstack to File..." into line -11
of tFile
  else put "(Move S&ubstack to File..." into line -11
of tFile

4. save the revmenubar stack

  save stack "revMenubar"

And now things should work as expected ; I'll submit
it to the development team to make sure it's fixed for
a future update.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====