basic put URL question-more

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Apr 19 04:20:52 EDT 2004

Hi Rich,

> I think I have found what makes the difference here: Revolution
> doesn't like folder names with a fancy ƒ at the end.
> I have tried the basic import script that Klaus sent me, (See below,)
> on a bunch of different text files. The script does not work if the
> file I'm trying to "put" is a folder with one of these fancy "f"s at
> the end. (You make it on the Mac by pressing opt-f.) If I remove the ƒ
> at the end of the folder name the script works.
> Is it supposed work this way, or is this a bug?

That was my first guess, since your this part of your path
"Revolutioní" looked in fact
as if this was no "normal" i...

If you script:

put the result

immediately after the "put" handler you would have probably seen: Can't
open file...

Anyway, this is a bug and there is a new engine (which is now available
at last ;-) here:

http://www.runrev.com/revolution/downloads/distributions/current/
updates/

That will work as exspected...

> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
www.major-k.de

P.S.
That link might look good on the download-page of the RR website...
But i am repeating myself ;-)