Setting screen resolution in Revolution

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sun Apr 18 11:10:19 EDT 2004

On Friday, April 16, 2004, at 08:36  PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> Subject: Re: Setting screen resolution in Revolution
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> Thanks for the Mac info.
>
> Anyone have a solution for Windows?
>
> This looks like a very attractive game he's put together -- it'd be
> nice
> to see his port go smoothly:
> <http://www.alidagame.com/>

Yes.  The answer is don't do it!

I HATE programs that think they know better than I do what screen
resolution I want my monitor set at.

Your friend should provide a black backdrop if he wants to hide the
other programs, but I would recommend that he not change the screen
res.  My son has a program that does it, and every once in awhile it
crashes, and it leaves this 17" monitor in a state that is very
difficult to change back.

There's another reason why he shouldn't do it -- how does he know that
the resolution he's going to set it to will work?  Let's say he sets it
to 800 x 600, or 640 x 480, and my monitor doesn't support that, what
then?  Also, this monitor is so large that setting it to 640 x 480 will
make any movies, etc. look very out of size.

-- Frank