Microsoft Access

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 09:21:39 EDT 2004

--- Dreamscape Software Webmaster
<webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com> wrote:
> I know Rev doesn't support that many Database
> formats, but is there anything
> that Rev can do to support Access?  I'm in the Navy
> and my LPO wants a
> frontend to an Access database, but I just don't
> know how to code forms in
> Access (I'd rather do it in RunRev).
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Derek Bump

Hi Derek,

You can connect to Access databases via ODBC (*) ; on
both my WinME and Win2K portables, drivers for Access
databases come pre-installed, so that shouldn't be a
problem.
You'll need to setup a DSN in the control panels,
which points to the .mdb file, and then in RunRev use
database type "odbc" and as database the name of the
DSN you created in the control panel.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

(*) while RunRev-native database drivers have their
advantages, the support for ODBC means you can hook
RunRev up to almost any database, so I wouldn't call
the database support limited.

=====