Setting screen resolution in Revolution

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Apr 16 14:03:55 EDT 2004

On Apr 16, 2004, at 11:32 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Sarah Reichelt wrote:
>
>> On 15 Apr 2004, at 1:53 am, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>> I have an acquaintance who's porting a game to Windows using Rev.
>>> It's a rather nice game with a string of good reviews behind it so
>>> I'm hoping we can help him find an answer:
>>>
>>> Is there a way to set the screen resolution when a program starts
>>> and reset it when it ends, on Mac, OS X, and Win?
>> Mac OS X: cscreen shell command, available from VersionTracker at
>> http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19753&vid=105735
>> Mac Classic: AppleScript with Jon's commands scripting addition:
>> http://www.seanet.com/~jonpugh/
>> Windows: dunno :-)
>
> Thanks for the Mac info.
>
> Anyone have a solution for Windows?
>
> This looks like a very attractive game he's put together -- it'd be
> nice to see his port go smoothly:
> <http://www.alidagame.com/>

There is some source code posted here
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/
Cplusplus/Q_20805745.html> (look for the accepted answer) about how to
do it using the Windows API.  It appears that the code compiles into a
command line executable which could be called from the shell if you can
find a compiled version of it.  This could probably be wrapped into an
external if tighter integration with the Rev environment is desired.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com