shifted field on group copy

Martin Baxter martin at materiaprima.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 10:13:38 EDT 2004

>On Friday, April 16, 2004, at 04:10 AM, Dar Scott wrote:
>
>> In the copy of a model group from one stack to another in Transcript,
>> one field of the group gets shifted down.  This might be a bug, but
>> more likely I'm doing something silly.
>>
>> What could be doing this?
>
>When I saved the stack, the field jumped back to where it should be.
>
>Dar Scott

Is it a scrolling group? - how much is the field shifted by ?

FWIW I've seen a problem with scrolling groups where you can't set both
scrolls to zero, because setting one shifts the other.

Also I've seen a possibly related problem in a scrolling group where
revolution may redraw group elements slightly offset (usually off by 2
pixels as I recall, something to do with border width perhaps). They
eventually get redrawn in the right place as a result of further actions
(can't recall specifically what offhand). In this case it's just the
drawing to screen that's off, the actual location and size properties of
the object are correct.

Martin