bug with player object in Rev 2.2

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Apr 16 08:55:56 EDT 2004

Hi Chris,

> I found what I think is a bug with the player object in Revolution
> version
> 2.2 on Windows.  It seems to only happen with Win 2000 and Win XP Pro.
>  Why
> only these two, I'm not sure.  But we've done tests on Win 98 and Win
> XP
> Home and not had any problems.
>
> Anyway, I'm wondering if someone can just take a couple minutes and
> verify
> this for me.  Just create a new stack and put a single player object
> in it.
> Set the filename of the player object to any audio file (probably any
> kind
> of media file would work; haven't tested video though).  Hide the
> player
> object, click the browse button, and start the player with "start
> player 1"
> in the message box.  It should play for about half the audio and then
> cut
> out.  It's strange because the file still continues to play, there's
> just no
> sound.

Yes, i also had to experience this...

After about half an hour (more or less) sound simply stop on WinXP with
RR 2.2.

The players are playing fine, but nothing can be heard...
(When using QuickTime!)

As an old Mac-user i thought this to be "normal behaviour" on Windoze
;-)
But apparently it isn't...

> This was working fine with 2.1.2, but not with 2.2, so something has
> changed.

> The trick is to hide the player.
<>
> If it's visible, it works just fine.

???
I guess the trick is NOT to hide the player?

> I can work around this for now by just moving my player off screen,

Yo :-)

> but I'd like to not have to do that.  Can someone confirm and let me
> know,
> and then I'll post it as a bug.

Sounds like a bug to me...

> Thanks,
>
> Chris Sheffield
> Software Development
> Read Naturally

I do! ;-)

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
www.major-k.de

P.S.

Dear RR team:
When will we be able to use the new engine on OS X???

Handling pathnames with umlauts is ESSENTIAL in germany and some other
european countries!!!

In france for example ;-)