ANN: MAC OS X Tech Talks

Rod McCall rodmc at runrev.com
Thu Apr 15 15:38:44 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

Here is some news from Apple regarding and event talking place in
Sweden and Germany.

Regards,

Rod

Dr Rod McCall ~ rodmc at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools

                        MAC OS X TECH TALKS

                   Friday 7th May : Stockholm, SWEDEN
             	 Monday 10th May : Berlin, GERMANY

Dear Developer,

You've read about Mac OS X's UNIX-based, open source core in technical
publications and the excellent development environment it offers. Now
here's your chance to evaluate Mac OS X as a development platform in
one afternoon.

You are cordially invited to attend one of two Mac OS X Tech Talks,
brought to you by the Apple Developer Connection, in either Stockholm
or Berlin (All presentations will be held in English)

-------------------------
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
-------------------------

This free, half-day briefing provides an overview of the Unix
underpinnings of Mac OS X and its associated development environment
for developers and IT professionals. An array of topics will be
covered, including:

Mac OS X and Developer Tools :

In this session we will present an overview of Mac OS X and introduce
Apple's Developer Tools. We will describe Xcode, Apple's new IDE
featuring advanced technologies such as Fix and Continue, Zero Link and
Distributed Build. We will show you how to create and start new
application projects, and demonstrate documentation access and search,
source-level debugging, and integrated source control. We will also
introduce new features in Interface Builder, Apple’s innovative UI
design application and present examples of applications that are based
on Xcode.

Optimizing for G5 :

Learn how to optimize your software for the 64-bit Power Mac G5. In
this session we will present an overview of the architectural features
and design goals of the Power Mac G5. We will describe the PowerPC G5
processor jointly developed by Apple and IBM and the high bandwidth
system architecture employed on the Power Mac and Xserve. We will
illustrate specific techniques to accelerate your software through
specific code examples and real-live applications. We will also
demonstrate how Apple's performance optimization tools can help you
examine and improve the performance of your code.

Hardware Technology Update :

In this session we will present a high-level overview of the
capabilities of USB, FireWire, Bluetooth, AirMac and other I/O
technologies on Mac OS X, iTunes, iPhoto and the iPod. Learn about the
latest developments with Bluetooth, USB 2.0, FireWire 800 and 802.11g
and the standard drivers and capabilities already built into Mac OS X.
Lastly, we will discuss how networked media devices can work with
iTunes and iPhoto and opportunities for developing solutions that
connect to the iPod.

Enterprise Update :

Apple has returned to the Enterprise. Learn about today's IT trends and
how Apple's strengths in technology, ease of use and cost performance
position the Mac OS X platform for success in the Enterprise. This
session will present an overview of Apple's hardware and software
technologies, including Xserve G5, which delivers over 30 gigaflops in
a 1U enclosure, and Xgrid, which uses Rendezvous to make cluster
computing easy. We will also describe initiatives in open standards and
high performance computing, including an overview of the cluster
computer project at Virginia Tech. Lastly, we will review existing
Enterprise Alliances and describe opportunities for developers in the
Enterprise.

-------------------------
DATES AND LOCATIONS
-------------------------

Friday 7th May 2004
Mac OS X Tech Talk - Stockholm, Sweden
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Campus Valhallavägen
Hörsal F1 Lindstedsvägen 22
Stockholm, Sweden, 10044
Time: 13:00 to 18:00

Monday 10th May 2004
Mac OS X Tech Talk - Berlin, Germany
Freie Universitat Berlin
Audimax
Henry-Ford-Bau
Garystrasse 35
14195, Berlin, Germany
Time: 13:00 to 18:00

----------------------------------
RESERVE YOUR PLACE TODAY
----------------------------------

Mac OS X offers developers and IT professionals the best of both
worlds. Don't miss this opportunity to discover for yourself how
compelling the simplicity of Macintosh combined with the power of UNIX
can be.

Seating is limited so please reserve your place soon using the form
located at http://events.euro.apple.com/. We will send you an agenda
upon confirmation.

If you'd like to learn more about Mac OS X before attending one of the
Tech Talks please visit the following URLs:

   http://developer.apple.com/unix/
   http://developer.apple.com/gettingstarted/
   http://developer.apple.com/macosx/win32porting/

------------------------------------
REGISTRATION INFORMATION
------------------------------------

There is no enrollment fee required for participation in this event.
You must assume your own travel & hotel expenses. Seating is limited &
registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon
receipt of your reservation we will send you a confirmation e-mail
indicating the final time & location of the event.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at
<wwdr_events at euro.apple.com>. We look forward to meeting you!

Best regards,

Apple Developer Connection
Worldwide Developer Relations - Europe & MEA