Problems with 'Launch <doc> with <app>'

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Apr 14 21:30:23 EDT 2004

Hi Jonathan,

I haven't investigated this for a while, but I did some tests a while
ago and found that the main problem was due to OS X's hidden .app
extension on application bundles. At my web site, you can find a stack
called "Launch.rev" which uses a combination of AppleScript and
Transcript to get around this problem.

It can be easily extended to launch an app with a specified document.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/