Using seconds in Revolution

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Apr 14 21:21:30 EDT 2004

While I haven't encountered the short & long day problem, there is a
severe problem with the convert command if your system uses
daylight-saving. Basically, EVERY call to the convert command, adds an
hour to the time converted, if daylight saving is on. There are
numerous reports in bugzilla about various date conversion problems
(62, 816, 1124, 1162) and I am trying to get the folks at RunRev to see
this as a critical problem.

In the meantime, I suggest you follow Mark's suggestion and use Julian
dates instead. They allow very easy date & time arithmetic.

Mark kindly allowed me to include his Julian date functions in my
dateTime library, which you can download from: http://www.troz.net/Rev/
however these functions were all written before I realized the severity
of the problems with convert during daylight-savings times, so treat
any that use the convert command with extreme caution.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/