Some Basic Misunderstandings/Problems with RunRev

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Apr 14 18:41:48 EDT 2004

Dave,

On that I agree with you 100%. I bought the REV docs in print form for
just this reason. In fact the very first time I sat down with the
printed docs I learned a ton of stuff I don't think I would have even
found with the e-docs.

P.S. Don't forget to look under the "See Also" menu in the e-docs
'everytime'. It seems someone really thought them through and I always
find what I need doing that. HTIH (Hope that is helpful)

P.S. I hope I didn't sound rude - I was trying to point you in that
direction but not rudely - I hope.

Tom

On Apr 14, 2004, at 6:09 PM, David Burgun wrote:

> Don't get me wrong the online docs are really great, but they don't
> replace a good book on the subject. Some of the books I had when I
> first learned the Mac toolbox were excelent, I just wish there was an
> equivilent for RunRev.
>
> The thing is that unless you know of a command's existence it's hard
> to know it's there. For instance typing in "standalone" gives nothing,
> typing in "save" shows the save command but doesn't tell you it
> doesn't work in a standalone and also save doesn't tell you about
> other commands that may be of use, such as clone etc.

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.
Pittsburgh, PA 15234