Using seconds in Revolution

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Apr 14 17:41:05 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, April 14, 2004, at 02:43 PM, SimPLsol at aol.com wrote:

>      As far as I can tell there is no way of dealing with seconds now
> that
> works the old way. That is, a system of seconds that starts at "0" on
> Jan. 1,
> 1970 (or any other date) and increases by 86400 per day.

Am I missing something?

Here is my understanding (or confusion):

     The seconds function returns the total number of seconds
     since midnight, January 1, 1970 GMT.

That will increment 86400 seconds per day.  (I don't know what the leap
seconds issues are.)

Is that within some day at some location?  That is purely a function of
the time zone, the daylight-savings parameters, and the seconds.  If
you want to ignore the daylight-savings parameters, you can do that.
If you want to adjust for work shifts, you can do that.

If you simply want to know how many 24 hour periods have passed since
some time you sampled the seconds, you can calculate that.

Maybe this is broken and I missed that, coming late into the discussion.

Dar Scott