Some Basic Misunderstandings/Problems with RunRev - aka Help!

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 14 13:03:19 EDT 2004

>Hi David,
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I looked at code that was suggested I used to Save the current
>>Stack and added the following script to an OK button.
>>
>>on mouseUp
>>   if the environment is not "development" then
>>     put the filename of this stack into myStackFilePathName
>>         set itemDelimiter to "/"
>>     delete last item of myStackFilePathName
>>     put "/NewStack.rev" after myStackFilePathName
>>        put myStackFilePathName into field FolderPathName
>>     answer "Save?" with "Cancel" or "Save"
>>     if it is "Save" then
>>       beep              save this stack as myStackFilePathName
>>       close this stack
>>     end if
>>   end if
>>end mouseUp
>>
>>I check that the File Path/Name is setup ok (seems fine) then I
>>press the "Save" button. I get a "beep" but no stack is saved. What
>>am I doing wrong?
>>
>>This really does seems like such a simple thing to want to do, I
>>just cannot believe it's so difficult and that the documentation is
>>so poor. Maybe it's just me??
>>
>>Any help on this would really be handy.
>
>the stack that has been turned into a standalone CANNOT be "saved as..."!
>Simply because the stack IS now the standalone.
>
>Sorry...

Then PLEASE could someone just tell me how I save a Standalone Stack
PLEASE!!! I've been asking questions about this all day and I'm just
going round and round and round in circles.

All I want to do is to save the settings of any controls if and only
if the User Presses ok. I would like this to work as a Standalone and
under the RunRev IDE, but would be happy if it just worked as a
Standalone at this stage.

Maybe RunRev isn't the right tool for this after all, I mean if it's
this hard just to save the contents of a Checkbox!

Why doesn't the documentation say anything about this?

Yours an experated RunRev Newbie!

Thanks
Dave