Some Basic Misunderstandings/Problems with RunRev - aka Help!

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Apr 13 15:05:54 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I have been playing around with RunRev all weekend, trying to
understand the following:

1.  How do I get the Quit and Preferences Menu Items to work
correctly on MacOS Classic and X?

In the Readme File it says it deletes the last two items in the Edit
Menu under MacOS X, however when I Build a Standalone for MacOS X,
the last two items (Seperator and Preferences) remain in the Edit
Menu.

However the Quit Item (and Seperator) get deleted from the file menu
and they appear in the Application Menu, but when I select Quit, of
course it now doesn't run the same script. Which leads to the next
question:

2.  Where do I put the menuPick handler Application Menu (the first
menu after the Apple Menu in MacOS X)? What Menu Item do I check for?

Is any of this documented anywhere? Is there a standard way of doing it?

3.  I am confused as to when RunRev saves Stack/Card Data. For
instance in a simple Stack with one Card that has one Checkbox and OK
and Cancel buttons. On the OK button I have the following Script:

on mouseUp
save this stack
close this stack
end mouseUp

and on the Cancel Button:

on mouseUp
close this stack
end mouseUp

If I then make a standalone (with the CheckBox initially unchecked)
and then run it and then click the checkbox so it's checked and press
OK, when I next load the Stack, should the Checkbox be on or off?

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave