Dragging and changing a curve (image)

Beat Cornaz beat.c at hetnet.nl
Tue Apr 13 07:06:32 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I've solved my last previous question about dragging and changing a
line object. Thanks to Martin , Mark &

Now I want to be able to interactively change the shape of a curve,
defined by a algebraic formula (e.g. y = ax^b + c). This curve is
drawn on the screen as an image (for now).

Is an images the only possibility for drawing an plot?

I need to know the algebraic formula of the curve after the reshaping
for further calculations.

possible ways I can think of
  :
1. by changing the a, b and c parameters in response to mouseactions
on the screen. This I can probably figure out myself. Not the best
solution in my eyes.

2. By using an EPS image and changing the postscript parameters of
the curve. I have no idea about if this would be possible and how to
do that.

3. Is there something in Rev. to create and manipulate Bezier curves?
Does anyone have experience with Bezier curves? This one I would
really like.

4. I'm open to any other suggestion.

Thaks a lot for any response, Beat.