emulating the keyboard - Application control

Ian Wood ian at azurevision.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 03:26:21 EDT 2004

Is this on a Mac or on Windows?

I can't help with Windows, but with Mac OS 10.3 (or 10.2 with GUI
Scripting installed) you can specifically send keystrokes using
AppleScript:

Tell app "Powerpoint" to activate

tell application "System Events"
	tell process "Powerpoint"
		keystroke "S" using {control down, shift down} -- Starts the
slideshow from the first slide
		delay 4 -- seconds
		keystroke return -- go to next slide
	end tell
end tell

Yes, PowerPoint  uses Control instead of Command on a Mac.

For more info about GUI Scripting:
http://www.apple.com/applescript/uiscripting/

Ian Wood