Checking "Large Fonts" (was Windows defaut font gets messed up

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Apr 9 23:03:57 EDT 2004

Jim,

You can check for Large Fonts this way:

on mouseUp
  if stsHasLargeFonts() then
    -- whatever you want to do
  end if
end mouseUp

function stsHasLargeFonts
  switch (the systemVersion)
  case "NT 5.1"  -- Windows XP
  case "NT 5.0"  -- Windows 2000
    put queryRegistry("HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels") into
dpi  -- this is a DWORD
    put charToNum(dpi) into dpi
    if dpi = 96 then return false
    else return true
    break
  case "NT 4.0"  -- Windows NT 4.0
    put queryRegistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\FontDPI") into dpi  -- this is a DWORD
    put charToNum(dpi) into dpi
    if dpi = 96 then return false
    else return true
    break
  case "Windows 4.90"   -- Windows ME
  case "Windows 4.10"   -- Windows 98
  case "Windows 4.0"    -- Windows 95
    put queryRegistry("HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Display\Settings\DPILogicalX")
into dpi
    if dpi = 96 then return false
    else return true
    break
  end switch
end stsHasLargeFonts

As to how to resize your stacks *based* on whether the user is running Large
Fonts... that's something someone else should chime in on...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/