Help with paste...

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Fri Apr 9 12:13:58 EDT 2004

Hello Chipp,

This don't happen under the MacOS X 10.3.3/PWB G4 12" 1Ghz nor the
Suse-Linux 8.2/KDE 3.1.1/ Sony Laptop platforms. I did the test in
cutting/pasteling the "this;that" chunk between Rev's 2.1.2 and 2.2
issues (2.1.2 to 2.1.2, 2.1.2 to 2.2, 2.2 to 2.2) without any troubble.

Could we not firstly suspect the WinXP clipboard to take part in the
problem, because something with the charsets or so on ?

Please, let us know about the end of the story...

Bests,

Pierre

Le 9 avr. 04, à 04:55, Chipp Walters a écrit :

> Would someone else please verify this.
>
> Open up two separate copies of Rev (any version past 2.1 will do)
>
> type into the msg (don't hit return)
>
> this;that
>
> select the text and cut it
>
> go into the 2nd copy of rev and paste it into the msg.
>
> In my copies of Rev, the ';' is missing. This only happens when
> copying/pasting between rev apps, not within a single rev app.
>
> This happens to me on XP and Rev. Could someone please try this using
> the MC IDE so I can tell if it's an IDE problem or an engine problem.
>
> Also, if this doesn't work for you, please post as well, the OS and RR
> vers you're using. It will help!
>
> btw, there is a kludge workaround fix..
>
> trap the paste somehow (ideas?)
>
> put the clipboardData["text"] into tClip
> set the clipboardData["text"] to tClip
>
> thanks!
>
> Chipp

That's all for yet, Friends, Kind Regards, Pierre