CGI POST Failure to read Stdin

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu Apr 8 22:54:00 EDT 2004

Hi Katir, Tuviah,

You are true. It would be great to have this core bug definitivelly
removed from the engine by the RunRev Team... True, again, that my
proposal is probably not feeting your needs if you don't own nor manage
the servers whose are hosting the PHP + Rev's application server
solution i spoked about in the previous mail.

Le 8 avr. 04, à 19:30, Sannyasin Sivakatirswami a écrit :

> Thanks, Pierre for the full report on this old bug... but the problem
> with your solution is two fold:
>
> 1) it assumes that the Rev developer has PHP skills (which I do not)
> even though we could simply copy your example... we would not know
> what we were doing... and many new users of xTalk CGI may only be
> fluent in xTalk and no other languages.

I did'nt understand that the end-user will have to put hands inside the
engine ;)

> 2) it assumes that one has admin rights to set up Revolution or
> Metacard on the server as a long running process. But, if one is
> hosting his site on a virtual host web server, about the most you can
> do is get approval to put the Revolution engine in your CGI-BIN... I
> don't know if it would be possible to then "boot" it as a long running
> process... I don't think so.

True...

> For now, our usage is a low enough hit rate (one POST every day or two
> at the most!)  to live with a pure xTalk solution. but, I'll be
> expanding the number of users up ward and we will watch carefully for
> failures. Of course this can't possibly reflect a "200 hits per second
> context."
>
> We really should solve this. Some people will simply through the whole
> idea out of using Revolution to build an enterprise solution, just
> because of this one bug.

Please, send a copy to Tuviah... I do the same, for my own.

Kind Regards, Pierre

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores (at) easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"