How do I close a Stack (Window)

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 8 16:13:55 EDT 2004

Hi Dave (easy name to remember!),

I think there is something very weird going on! This is how I have my
project setup:

Main Stack, just a splash screen, it has this script attached:

Stack Script:

on openStack

wait for 2 seconds

hide stack "Splash"
go stack "MainWindow"

end openStack

Which waits for 2 seconds as expected and disappears, the
"MainWindow" stack appear as the frontmost window, then (I think 2
seconds later), the "MainWindow" gets de-selected!

I've just tried it again and now it seems to work as expected!

Bet here's something else that is weird. In the "MainWindow", I have
a button that just has this script on it:

on mouseUp
modal "PageSize"
end mouseUp

The "PageSize" Stack apprears, but if I click it's OK button, there
is a delay before the button gets actioned. I'm not sure if it's just
the RunRev IDE overhead or if it's related.

It's really hard for me to know what's going on here! I'm new to
RunRev and I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong somewhere.
Anyway, I'm taking a break now, I've been at it all day, I'll come
back to it later or tomorrow.

Thanks for your help
Dave