CGI POST Failure to read Stdin

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu Apr 8 13:10:39 EDT 2004

Hi Dave,

I did'nt test it for a while, now but, in about the POST method - i
don't never use the GET one, because its always possible security holes
-, at least, i got the problem in using the 2.5 engine too ;-( I had a
dedicated test stack, there, on one of my boxes. I will test again, as
soon as i will find it back...

Bests, Pierre

Le 8 avr. 04, à 15:15, Dave Cragg a écrit :

> At 3:01 pm +0200 8/4/04, Pierre Sahores wrote:
>
>> I experimented this,a  long time ago... At least with the 2.3.2 and
>> above issues of the engine, MC/Rev is failing 1 time peer 20 periods
>> in
>> handling "POST" requests in CGI mode.
>>
>> It's a sad reproductible bug we spoken about with Scott Raney, a long
>> time ago, on and off-list, without getting any way to solve
>> definitivelly the problem.
>
> Have you tested this recently, Pierre? I've been using the 2.5 engine
> extensively on Windows (with IIS) and on OS X (with Apache) for CGI
> and haven't encountered any problems with POST. (As long as you're
> careful about reading in the data from stdin.) In fact, I've found it
> remarkably stable.
>
> The only hitch I've found is with IIS on Windows, where it's a good
> idea to put a short wait (20 milliseconds) before the "end startup"
> line in the script (this is not just for POST but GET as well).
>
> I'd be interested to hear of other people's experience.
>
> Cheers
> Dave

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores (at) easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"