How do I close a Stack (Window)

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Apr 8 12:54:57 EDT 2004

Hi David,

> Hi,
>
> I have setup my RunRev project so that I have a main stack which
> just acts as a Splash Screen and does some initialization, once it's
> been on the screen for 2 seconds, I want it to go away.
> Should I hide it or close it? How do I do this?

Well, that's a matter of taste :-)

I, personally, hide my splash-screens most of the time...

And, as you might have guessed:

hide stck "xyz"
resp.
close stack "xyz"

will do the job ;-)

Something like this in your splash screen stack:

on openstack
   wait 2 secs
   toplevel "The menu stack or whatever..."
   close stack "name of splah screen here..."
   ## close this stack won't work, since "The menu..."
   ## in now THIS stack...
   ## Have been fooled before by this ;-)
end openstack

> I also have a couple of Sub-Stacks that I want to display, have the
> user
> fill in some details (like a dialog box) and then close, again how do
> I do this?

Add a "Cancel" and "OK" button to your dialogs with a "close this
stack" etc...
handler and open these stacks as modal:

modal "my very special dialog box"

Hope this helps..