How to Set the Value of a Slider

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Apr 8 08:07:18 EDT 2004

>David Burgun wrote:
>
>>I have been messing around trying to find out how to set the
>>Current Value of a Slider:
>>
>>I have a button that does this:
>>
>>on mouseDown
>>set the thumbPosition of Slider X to 22
>>end mouseDown
>
>The object type is "scrollbar", and it comes in three styles:
>
>   scrollbar
>   scale
>   progress

This is different on the version of RR I am using (2.1.2) it has 4 types:

Scrollbar
Slider
Progressbar
Little Arrows

>This may seem a little odd, but if you think about it all three of
>those have very parallel property needs, so maybe it's not crazy. :)

I tried it as you say and it works, but it just seems odd that I have
to use the "Scrollbar" type instead of "Slider".

I always use the full name for the object, I got VERY confused when I
started using the abbreviations! I think it would be a good option to
have the IDE display the script as using the abbreviations or the
full names via a preferences. It's really diffuicult for a newbie to
get to know all the abbreviations.

Thanks for your help, it works a treat now!

Have a great weekend
Dave