Relative Paths

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Apr 8 02:18:46 EDT 2004

> > Ah... sorry. The externals property is being set on the application
> > mainstack treference the correct relative path. So the correct
> > relative path
> > for the external on OS X might be:
> >
> > YourApp.app/Contents/MacOS/externals/revxml.bundle
>
> Then maybe during development, I should put a copy of my externals down
> into the Revolution application in the same folder?  That way my
> externals property is set right for all of my externals on OS X.  That
> would mean putting it in twice, so it can have the right path for non
> OS X builds.

Well... I think this needs some testing but here's a possible method:
 - use the externals.txt file to allow inclusion of your external via the
standalone builder
 - set the externals of the Home stack to load the external during
development
 - use the userscripts folder to allow importing of the externals library
stack into the application as a substack with auto startu using at the same
time as the rev libraries are inserted into the message path
 - because it's a substack of the application mainstack and the application
mainstack has the externals property set correctly then everything should
map out correctly (that is as long as messages sent from a library that is
also a substack will still go via the libraries mainstack and then to it's
externals property before hitting the engine)

Whew! I think it will work but it's only theory right now ;-)

I know your next question and that's what if your library stack has
substacks and in that case I think it might be simplest to create a
stackFile containing them and just reference them.

Sound reasonable?

Cheers

Monte