Relative Paths

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Apr 8 00:53:03 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, April 7, 2004, at 09:53 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

>> The simple way to use externals is to statically place them next to
>> the
>> executable.  Let's see if I understand the implications under this
>> scheme.  That means they have to be two places, one is next to the
>> Revolution application.  The other is in the project folder.  In the
>> project folder they have to be next to the splash stack or main stack,
>> so they will be next to the app in Windows.  The externals property is
>> not modified, you explained.  The relative location would then be next
>> to the internal executable in the OS X bundle.  Does that work?
>
> Yes... have a go ;-)

I am not able to select the bundle in the copy files pane.  That is a
separate issue.

It doesn't matter; this does not work when I copy by hand.

I copied the bundle into the intra app MacOS folder.  That does not
work.  I copied it into the same folder as test.app.  That works.  That
is the same as it always has been.

Now if all paths in a project have to be relative to the executable in
the MacOS folder, how does this work?

Am I suppose to modify the defaultFolder in the startup for OS X?

Dar Scott