Relative Paths

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Apr 7 23:27:46 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, April 7, 2004, at 09:12 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Very close. I think you are off track with the externals property
> though. We
> don't mess with your externals property settings. It's the rev
> externals
> that are placed in the one externals folder (revXML, revDB etc). Your
> own
> externals can be copied over by referencing them in the copy files
> screen.
> This also uses relative paths so if you have a well structured
> development
> folder you should have no problems.

The simple way to use externals is to statically place them next to the
executable.  Let's see if I understand the implications under this
scheme.  That means they have to be two places, one is next to the
Revolution application.  The other is in the project folder.  In the
project folder they have to be next to the splash stack or main stack,
so they will be next to the app in Windows.  The externals property is
not modified, you explained.  The relative location would then be next
to the internal executable in the OS X bundle.  Does that work?  The
defaultFolder is way up at the folder containing the app.  I thought
they had to be up next to the .app.  How is this going to work?

Dar Scott