Empty a list of globals

Mark MacKenzie m.mackenzie at sasktel.net
Wed Apr 7 09:32:07 EDT 2004

Hit a bit of a stumper for me.

At preopencard time I need to clear a bunch of globals.  I created the
following handler and it doesn't seem to clear the globals involved.  In
a succeeding handler they keep their previous values.  Am I doing
something fundamentally wrong?

preOpenCard
put
"gBulletCalibre,gBulletDesign,gBulletSizedDiam,gBulletNomWeight,gBulletLotCustom"
into gGlobalsToEmpty
    repeat with x = 1 to the number of items of gGlobalsToEmpty
      put empty into item x of gGlobalsToEmpty
    end repeat
end preOpenCard

When faced with a series of globals to reset to zero or empty how do you
do it with a minimum of scripting?

Mark MacKenzie