Building C ++ Plug ins

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Apr 7 01:27:11 EDT 2004

Well, we may have converted a high end financial analyst who is helping
us with educational materials, to xTalk... He was told that to advance
in his field he now needed to learn C++ to write his own financial
analysis programs.  1 hour with Revolution and he was blown away. "That
would have taken me days and days!"

;-)

Anyway, he's up and running with the evaluation 30 test and will be no
doubt joining the Rev family soon.

So, while I'm recruiting him to help with young peoples presentations
and tools,  he's also interested in being able to pipe data into  C++
programs and get back the results... I suspect the algorithm in the C++
code is probably even more easily implemented in xTalk; but he wants to
collaborate some other code nerd young financial analysts in that
world,  and also not have to re-write his C program (or theirs) in
xTalk in which he is, obviously a newbie: The option to take isC
program and make it a plug in seems too obvious an opportunity...

But, I couldn't find any docs on building C plus plug ins... or piping
data out and back into a C++ external Basic concept (obviously) would

put theReformattedData into [some pipe into the C++ program-plugin]
put it into fld "BestStockOptions"

# where "it" contains stnOut from the C Plug in/external

Is this hard?
Where are the tutorials for this?  We know lots of C++ code wizards and
  code outsource some tough things to them and plug them into my
stacks... even if it could be done in Rev itself...

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org